Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 36

Wednesday, three days ago, was my first chemo. I sat in a comfortable chair, got hooked up to the i.v., then promptly fell unconscious (thanks to the nurse who gave me a dosage of Benadryl that would knock out a rhino.) Really, Wilbur and mama got the raw end of the deal, as they sat there for 2 anxious hours worrying about me and what was to come. Then, we went home. And, for the past three days, I’ve been waiting for something interesting to happen, but it’s been utterly ordinary. Finally, this morning I tossed my cookies. Quite, since I literally ate a couple chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. The Zofran I took controlled it very neatly, and I have been fine since. My husband randomly, triumphantly shouts “Zofran!” with a big smile. Haha :)

1 comment:

  1. it's great that you're doing well...we're all here to support you :)

    ReplyDelete