Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's finally looking like sunshine here in the desert. Rain has been steady all night and all morning, making it treacherous driving outside (someone thought 'oh, storm drains smorm plains, it's the desert'). I actually like being at home. I'm ... adapting. I bake (dry as sand) bread, my husband comes home for home cooked (dubiously edible) lunches, I tidy up, I shimmy: I'm freakin Mrs. C! (Although I'd rather be Betty Draper, minus the vengeful adultery). I feel a 70% better than I did two days ago. White cell count jumped from 2.2 to 10.3 after 3 days of neupogen (hence the excruciating my-skeleton-is-becoming-adamantium feeling). Neupogen: no more! Antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals: discontinued! Headache: gone! Sniffles: mild! I'm particularly happy too because, thanks to doc, my second opinion is going to be at Cedars-Sinai (ranked 44 in the nation for cancer per US N&WR) although City of Hope is out of network. Can't wait to see me some hot mess celebs!
Random website of the day: http://www.postcardsfromyomomma.com/highest-rated/
Thanks to Wilbur's dad, the mystery is solved. Da tou tsai is very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment