Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pink Cadillac

I could sell makeup. Go door to door, give facials, makeovers, all that sounds pretty fun and girly. I mean, I could, but give up my day job -- after our boss Dr. Guss introduces me as "the wife of the best optometrist west and east of the San Joaquin Valley"? That moment made me miss my endless hours in the office more than ever. If anything, being married to someone in the same field makes me super pumped about my job. Being able to come home and recount all the mysterious and wonderful things our patients say that school did not and could not prepare us for, being able to debate whether congenital syphilis can cause unilateral salt-and-pepper fundus (yea, so what if that was nerdy), and just being able to speak the same language is great and surprisingly not boring. So, do I want to be known as "the wife of " or do I want to "be"? I think you know the answer. Anyway, if I were to start a new job, it would be on the Food Network "Worst Cooks in America." Cross your fingers to see me on TV next season haha :P

No comments:

Post a Comment