Tuesday, February 9, 2010

True dat, mama

Reading something the other day that rang true:
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight (Isaiah 5:21).

There isn't a day that goes by that doesn't hold its own lesson. Sometimes I get a little self-absorbed when it comes to treatment and etc, and get wrapped in my own head, mince on words, and brush off good intentions. I suppose that means I'm getting a wee too full of myself, glorifying the status of suffering in silence. In effect, refusing help because I can do it on my own. Sorry, just a matter of habit. I think of all the people who want to help me so badly, and I'm just marginalizing them.
In any case, who am I to assume that I've got it all figured out?

Was lectured by mom about something the other day that rang true:
If nothing else, consider that if I am not trying everything in my power to heal this illness, I may regret. Especially, heal if not for mine then for my husband's sake, because if I continue to be sick for many years, I will be the cause of his hardship and 辛苦.

No comments:

Post a Comment